Saturday 16 August 2014

How I clean my brushes

To clean my brushes i use a mild Baby shampoo, so as to not damage my brushes . Regular shampoo is too harsh on the brushes. The shampoo i use is the Johnson's baby shampoo, you can find this in any supermarket for 2 to 3 euro. The reason i use baby shampoo instead of a brush cleanser is because it is a lot cheaper and i get the exact same results. 

To begin i gather all of my dirty brushes (as seen above). I wash my brushes at the sink with a towel laid out beside me so that i can lay out the brushes to dry once i have washed them. 

  1. I place a small amount of the shampoo on the palm of my hand. I then apply i small amount of water ( just a few drips from the tap, there is no need to have the tap running)
  2. I then take a dirty brush and swirl it around in my hand. The baby shampoo foams up and you will see the dirt coming out of the brush.
     
  3. I then rinse my hand and the brush underneath lukewarm water, being very careful not to allow any water go past the silver part of the brush because this is where damage can occur. If water gets in underneath the silver part the bristles may fall out and your brush will be ruined. (when holding your brush under running water hold the brush so the hairs are facing down) 
  4. I then swirl the brush in my clean wet hand to see if it needs to be washed again. If my hand is clear of dirt, i squeeze out any excess water and lay the brush down on a towel to dry.  




all of my makeup brushes

I like to wash my Brushes once a week. It is really important to clean your brushes because if you don't you are just adding more bacteria onto your face which can cause breakouts and reactions. By cleaning them and taking good care of your brushes you also ensure that they last and clean brushes apply products better. 

I hope this was helpful, if you have any questions then comment down below. 

Until next time (waves energetically) 
Aoife X

No comments:

Post a Comment